Non-Citizen Tax Return Service
$375 ($450 for dual status filers)
If you are not a citizen of the U.S., you may still have a U.S. tax filing obligation, depending on which type of foreign national you are considered to be for tax purposes. For example, “resident aliens” (non-citizens considered resident in the U.S. for tax purposes) are generally required to fill out the same form as U.S. citizens (Form 1040).
In contrast, “nonresident aliens” (non-citizens considered not to be resident in the U.S. for tax purposes) who receive wages or business income while in the U.S., or who receive U.S. source income while outside the U.S., are required to file a different tax return (Form 1040NR). If you find that you are both a resident and nonresident in the same year, you may be a dual status alien for which special rules apply.
Our non-citizen service is the perfect tax solution for the following types of people:
- Au pairs
- Summer camp workers
- Government Personnel
At Expat Tax Professionals, we can help determine your status for U.S. tax purposes. We can then prepare the forms that are required based on your tax status. Our in-depth knowledge of and experience with the U.S. tax code as well as U.S. income tax treaties serve as the backbone to our comprehensive approach.
Why Choose Expat Tax Professionals to Prepare Your Return?
At Expat Tax Professionals, our singular focus is client satisfaction. Our experienced team of CPAs ensure that your tax-filing experience is seamless and hassle-free and that your forms are timely filed and accurate.
The qualities that set us apart are:
1. Real Experience – We only serve U.S. citizens living abroad, which means we have a thorough understanding of U.S. taxation and your unique situation.
2. True Expertise – We only employ U.S. trained and licensed CPAs and U.S. tax attorneys. A licensed CPA prepares, reviews, and signs every return we file.
3. Painless Process – We understand you’re busy, so we’ve made it easy for you to work directly with a CPA using email and our secure site to upload documents. Your CPA is there to guide you every step of the way.
4. Flat Fee – Our pricing is simple and we provide a quote for services before we begin work. We’re all about transparency—there are no surprise fees or add-ons.
5. No Outsourcing – Unlike other companies, our expert staff does all your work in-house. We never outsource anything to a third party.
6. Safe and Secure – We take security very seriously. You can be rest assured that your information is always protected using 256-bit SSL for file transfers and 256-bit AES encryption for files at rest. This is the same security used by banks and many e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com.