Green Card Holders Tax Return Service
$375 (treaty position analysis and documentation not included)
Our green card holder service consists of the preparation of the U.S. federal income tax return (IRS Form 1040). This is the annual return required for green card holders, regardless of residence. In addition to the return preparation service, we offer consulting advice that focuses on the unique tax issues that face green card holders, including the option of claiming treaty benefits and the tax benefits of keeping or abandoning your green card.
Aside from staying tax compliant, a good reason to timely file your return is to preserve your visa status. While tax penalties may not apply if you do not have a tax liability and you choose not to file, the terms of your visa do require you to comply with all laws of the U.S., including the requirement to file your federal income tax return. You may be required to show the U.S. immigration authorities that you have been timely filing if you want, for instance, to change your visa status, to obtain permanent residency, or to regain entry into the U.S. after spending time abroad. Failing to timely file your U.S. tax return could jeopardize your visa status.
Why Choose Expat Tax Professionals to Prepare Your Return?
At Expat Tax Professionals, our main focus is client satisfaction. Our experienced team of CPAs ensure that your tax-filing experience is seamless and hassle-free and that your forms are timely filed and accurate.
The qualities that set us apart are:
1. Real Experience – We only serve U.S. citizens living abroad, which means we have a thorough understanding of U.S. taxation and your unique situation.
2. True Expertise – We only employ U.S. trained and licensed CPAs and U.S. tax attorneys. A licensed CPA prepares, reviews, and signs every return we file.
3. Painless Process – We understand you’re busy, so we’ve made it easy for you to work directly with a CPA using email and our secure site to upload documents. Your CPA is there to guide you every step of the way.
4. Flat Fee – Our pricing is simple and we provide a quote for services before we begin work. We’re all about transparency—there are no surprise fees or add-ons.
5. No Outsourcing – Unlike other companies, our expert staff does all your work in-house. We never outsource anything to a third party.
6. Safe and Secure – We take security very seriously. You can be rest assured that your information is always protected using 256-bit SSL for file transfers and 256-bit AES encryption for files at rest. This is the same security used by banks and many e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com.