State Tax Return Service
$125 (Per State Return)
When you move abroad, you may continue to have a state tax filing obligation, depending on which state you lived in before your move and whether you are still considered a resident of the state for tax purposes. Most states will release you from an income tax and filing responsibility if you can demonstrate that you’ve made a permanent change in residency and have “broken” all ties with the state.
Each state has its own particular rules, so it is important to understand these rules and how they apply to your particular facts.
It should be noted that in general four states are known to be the most aggressive in trying to tax U.S. citizens moving abroad by making it very difficult to “break” ties with the state. These states are: California, New Mexico, South Carolina, and Virginia. On the other end of the spectrum, there are some states that do not impose an income tax on individuals.
Our experts can help you determine your residency status and file your state income tax return.
Why Choose Expat Tax Professionals to Prepare Your State Tax Return?
At Expat Tax Professionals, our singular focus is client satisfaction. Our experienced team of CPAs ensure that your tax-filing experience is seamless and hassle-free and that your forms are timely filed and accurate.
The qualities that set us apart are:
1. Real Experience – We only serve U.S. citizens living abroad, which means we have a thorough understanding of U.S. taxation and your unique situation.
2. True Expertise – We only employ U.S. trained and licensed CPAs and U.S. tax attorneys. A licensed CPA prepares, reviews, and signs every return we file.
3. Painless Process – We understand you’re busy, so we’ve made it easy for you to work directly with a CPA using email and our secure site to upload documents. Your CPA is there to guide you every step of the way.
4. Flat Fee – Our pricing is simple and we provide a quote for services before we begin work. We’re all about transparency—there are no surprise fees or add-ons.
5. No Outsourcing – Unlike other companies, our expert staff does all your work in-house. We never outsource anything to a third party.
6. Safe and Secure – We take security very seriously. You can be rest assured that your information is always protected using 256-bit SSL for file transfers and 256-bit AES encryption for files at rest. This is the same security used by banks and many e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com.